- Yoshiki is a composer, classically-trained pianist, rock drummer, and the leader of the rock group X Japan. Yoshiki was named by Consequence of Sound as "one of the most influential musicians and composers in Japanese history" and is described by Billboard Magazine as "prolific" and "a musical innovator". He received the Asian Icon Award from UK's Classic Rock Magazine and in 2017 was chosen to be the first-ever Japanese man on the Vogue Japan cover.
- X Japan has sold 30 million singles and albums combined, and sold-out the 55,000-seat Tokyo Dome a record 18 times. Now the band's popularity is spreading throughout the world with sold-out performances in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Southeast Asia.
- In 1999, Yoshiki was asked to compose and perform a piano concerto with a 77-piece orchestra to celebrate the tenth year of the Emperor of Japan's reign.
- In 2005, Yoshiki composed the theme song and conducted the orchestra for the opening ceremony of the World Expo.
- In 2010, Yoshiki launched Yoshiki Foundation America, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which supports various charitable organizations, including the Grammy Foundation and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, as well as Japanese earthquake victims.
- In 2012, Yoshiki composed the official theme song for the Golden Globe Awards.
- In 2013, Yoshiki released his classical solo album, Yoshiki Classical, which included works co-produced by acclaimed Beatles producer Sir George Martin. The album debuted at #1 on the iTunes Classical Music chart in 10 countries, and featured performances by Yoshiki as both the composer and pianist with the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
- In 2014, Yoshiki performed his first Yoshiki Classical World Tour, with sold-out shows in 10 countries.
- That same year, X Japan headlined New York’s Madison Square Garden.
- In 2015, Yoshiki introduced the Yoshikimono collection of rock-themed kimonos, inspired by his family’s kimono business. The collection debuted as the finale of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Tokyo. Yoshikimono was later invited to open Amazon Fashion Week Tokyo 2017 S/S.
- Also in 2015, Yoshiki Channel was launched on the Nico Nico platform, Japan's largest video-streaming service. Yoshiki Channel has become the platform's #1 artist channel with the highest number of subscribers by far.
- In 2016, the X Japan documentary We Are X premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, where it was awarded the Special Jury Award for Best Editing. The film went on to win awards at SXSW before its nationwide U.S. theatrical release and has continued to garner critical acclaim with premieres around the world and invitations to over 30 international film festivals.
- Also in 2016, Yoshiki founded the rock festival Visual Japan Summit with over 50 bands performing for sold-out audiences of 100,000 fans over 3 nights in Japan, ranking #6 in the top-attended music festivals in Japan that year.
- In 2017, Yoshiki performed two sold-out classical concerts at New York’s Carnegie Hall with the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra as part of the Yoshiki Classical Tour.
- Later in 2017, X Japan headlined London’s Wembley Arena.
- The We Are X Original Soundtrack claimed the #1 position on the UK Rock Chart. Following the We Are X U.S. Blu-ray release, the film was chosen as iTunes' “Editor’s Choice” and Amazon’s “Indie Pick of the Week” in the U.S.
- Beyond music, Yoshiki has his own Visa Card and MasterCard issued by one of the largest Japanese banks. The legendary Marvel Comics icon Stan Lee created a super hero comic book based on Yoshiki titled Blood Red Dragon. Also, for the first time, a Hello Kitty product line was named after a person – "Yoshikitty".
- X Japan made their Coachella debut in 2018, and the band announced three sold-out concerts at Makuhari Messe in September 2018 for 100,000 fans. Due to a powerful typhoon on the final night, X Japan sent the audience home and performed an unprecedented "no audience" live concert broadcast for over 1 million viewers.
- In October 2018, Yoshiki composed the theme song "Red Swan" for the Attack on Titan anime series, one of the most popular animations in the world, and the track reached #1 on iTunes Rock charts in 14 countries.
- In November 2018, Yoshiki performed his sold-out classical concert series Yoshiki Classical 2018 at Tokyo International Forum with guest performers HYDE and Sarah Brightman.
- The special-edition digital single of Sarah Brightman's performance of "Miracle" – composed by Yoshiki – was released worldwide in November 2018 and ranked in the Top 10 iTunes Classical Music charts in 15 countries.
In March 2019, the Yoshiki: Live at Carnegie Hall special began airing across the USA on PBS, the nation's largest television network.
Yoshikimono opened Tokyo Fashion Week 2020 S/S and was featured in exhibitions at the prestigious V&A Museum in England and the Tokyo National Museum in Japan.
In March 2020, Yoshiki collaborated with Bono, will.i.am, and Jennifer Hudson for "#SING4LIFE".
Yoshiki's special arrangement of St. Vincent's hit song "New York" was released worldwide in August 2020.
In September 2020, "Disney - My Music Story: Yoshiki" began airing exclusively on Disney+.
In November 2020, Yoshiki's fashion photobook XY immediately sold out in Japan and ranked number one in Japan's book sales.
In December 2020, YouTube Originals announced the global music documentary event "Yoshiki: Under The Sky".
- Yoshiki is currently working on several upcoming Hollywood projects such as composing music for xXx 4, the next film in the blockbuster franchise starring Vin Diesel.
- X Japan’s first studio album in over 22 years will soon be released, which the acclaimed musician promised Billboard Magazine "will bring rock back to the mainstream again".